Guardian Homecare are looking for compassionate people to support and lead our team of Domiciliary Care Assistants in Blackpool and surrounding areas.
The senior care worker will be responsible for assisting the Management team with the day to day run of the business. The role will involve alternate weekend work and to assist with the on call duties, the successful candidate will respond directly to the Care-Coordinator and the Branch Manager and will work in accordance with the company policies and procedures.
Successful applicants must have access to a vehicle for work purposes and ideally should hold a relevant healthcare qualification to a minimum of level 2.
Main duties of the role are to:
• Provide individual care for our service users
• Spot check and monitor of quality and assurance
• Administration of care records
• Carry out initial risk and needs assessments in respect of individual service users.
• Work in partnership with service users, their family, carers, advocates, healthcare professionals and others to ensure the seamless delivery of holistic packages of individual care support;
• Carry out regular reviews of individual services and risk assessments;
• Participate as required in multi-disciplinary review of service users’ needs.
• Shadow new care workers in the field to ensure their competence;
• Carry out the on-site observation and evaluation of care worker practice as part of routine supervision, in response to particular performance concerns, or as otherwise directed;
• Provide ad hoc support and instruction to care workers in the field, including in an emergency.
• Promote a safe working environment and safe systems of work;
• Understand and follow hazard and accident reporting procedures;
• Be alert to any changes in service users’ condition and circumstances and act appropriately when these change;
We’re looking for people with the following attributes;
• Kind, caring and compassionate
• A good listener who is patient
• A happy ‘people person’
• Naturally strives to go the extra mile for others
• Organised and conscientious
Successful candidates will be required to work alternate weekends and will Share On-Call duties on a rota basis.
As a senior care worker you’ll enjoy:
• A Fantastic Pension Scheme.
• Competitive hourly rates from £9.00 and 28 days’ annual leave (pro rata)*
• Ongoing support and development
• The chance to increase your career opportunities with a fully-funded diploma QCF in social care*
• Exclusive discounts every day to hundreds of UK retailers, including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express and many others
• Employee referral bonus programmes*
All suitable candidates are required to undergo an enhanced level Criminal Records Check (DBS)
Guardian Homecare is an equal opportunities employer.
* Terms and conditions apply.